Friday, November 4, 2011

Life

We are officially in the new house and I absolutely love it!  Of course, we just moved in on Tuesday so there is stuff everywhere and nothing is set up.  But still, it's ours.  Our home.

Kaylee is comfortable here already, which is wonderful.  She loves her room, particularly the multicolored fan.  The people before us must have had kids.  All of her toys and things are here so she has plenty to play with.  We've got her jumperoo, which she still loves, and she doesn't even need a pillow underneath it anymore.  She can touch the floor!  I can't believe how fast she is growing.  I'm looking at her in the jumperoo right now and she is just so adorable!  She definitely has me wrapped around her little finger.  When she smiles and giggles, I'm gone.

I keep looking around the house thinking about all the things that need to be baby-proofed.  A gate for the basement door.  Padding around the fireplace.  At least we don't need outlet covers.  Mike put tamper resistant outlets in the majority of the house already.  And he'll be replacing the rest of them when he has time.  Time is hard to come by right now.  We've done so much to the house already, but there is always more.  Most of it can wait, but some things need attention now.  Like the baby-proofing.  Looking at Kaylee, I can tell that we will need to baby-proof very soon.  I feel like she could stand on her own any second now.  And I feel like she is going to skip the crawling stage.  She hates being on her stomach.  Maybe she will be one of those babies that just butt-scoots across the floor.  That would be hilarious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment