Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Holidays

This week is going to be crazy, but so much fun.  Mike and I decided to have Thanksgiving at our new house.  So we are going to have his family, my parents, and my best friend.  So many people.  So much food.  It's going to be a great time.  We are all really looking forward to it.

It is so hard to balance holidays when you are married.  And it gets even harder when you have a baby.  Everyone wants to see her at Christmas, but you have no choice but to disappoint someone.  Each person wants to be with his/her family because that is the tradition.  What to do?  It's pretty much an impossible situation.  My family has a little family party just after Christmas.  So I guess that's close enough to Christmas.  It's still sad not to be with my family for the actual holiday.  But I suppose I'll get used to it doing it every year.

I would like to hope that things will get easier as Kaylee gets older, but I doubt it.  When she gets older, we'll just have to worry about making the long trip with two children instead of one.  That is not going to be fun.  I thought when you had kids, people were supposed to come to you, instead of you coming to them!  Haha  If only that was true! 

No comments:

Post a Comment