Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Mom's Birthday

Today is my mother's 65th birthday.  She would probably kill me for admitting her age.  But I do it for a reason.  I am 23 years old.  Do the math.

My mother was in her early 40's when I came along.  A little surprise to keep the family on their feet.  That having been said, my mother is amazing.  Somehow she kept up with me, gave me what I needed, and took care of me.  I'm sure that at that age, the last thing she wanted was to care for a screaming infant.  But she did it.  And she always said that I kept her young.

Now that I have my own little girl, I think she might have been telling a little white lie.  Maybe when I got a bit older and wasn't as much work.  But when I was little, I don't know how she did it at that age.  Like I said, she is amazing.  I hope she knows that, but maybe she doesn't think of it that way.  And that is why I am putting it out there.

We fight, argue, yell....well I fight, argue, and yell.  She just shakes her head and keeps her lips locked as much as she can.  Even when she knows that she is right and I am wrong.  She lets me learn that myself.  And then waits for my apology, which I inevitably make.  Once my wounded pride at being wrong will allow me to apologize that is.  She waits patiently and never gets mad at me, no matter how mad I get and how much I yell.

My point here is that I love my Mommy.  And the older I get, the more I realize how important it is to say it.  So Happy Birthday Mommy!!  You are an amazing woman and I love you with all my heart.  Thank you for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment