Monday, September 12, 2011

Eureka

Simply because it is Monday and this happens to be on my mind, I figure that I might as well share.  I am severely disappointed in Fox and SyFy...and not just because they made the decision to change over from Sci-Fi.

Let us rewind just a little bit.  Way back when, Fox cancelled an amazing show called Firefly.  Granted, I never watched the show when it was on TV, but that is beside the point.  Once I was introduced to the show, I was hooked.  And then...I ran out of episodes.  So I watched the movie Serentiy, which was based on Firefly.  And then that was over.  I found myself furious that Fox would cancel such an amazing show, especially considering the ridiculously large fan base who, like me, are STILL outraged that the show was cancelled.  We still hold out hope for a comeback.  But it seems like Sci-Fi is simply no able to keep amazing shows running.

Fast forward to the present.  Once again, I am in love with a show on what is now called SyFy (::sigh::).  My husband and I religiously watch Eureka because it is action-packed and hilarious.  We love the town; we love the characters; we love everything.  You know what we don't love??  The fact that SyFy is cancelling Eureka.  The show was supposed to be all set for a 6th season (of course, they still intended to cancel it after that).  But now there is not even going to be a 6th season.  They have decided to wrap things up with the 13-episode 5th season.  All the wonderful story lines, all the amazing characters...Done.  This saddens me today, Monday, because Eureka is on tonight.  It is the next to last episode of the 4th season.  The only thing positive about the 4th season ending is that I have all the time between now and the premiere of next season to look forward to more Eureka.  Of course, once the next season begins, that will be the beginning of the end.  Oh SyFy, why must you torture me so.

No comments:

Post a Comment