Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Finding New Books

There are so many different websites that help people to find books to read that are similar to books that they already know they enjoy.  Some of these include: Whichbook and What Should I Read Next.  However, I've tried these sites and I don't love them.  They're okay sometimes, but definitely not my first choice.

Where do I go to find new books??  I use Amazon.  I have to say, it is the best.  You can narrow things down by category and easily find tons of books that will fit what you're looking for.  And every time you are looking at a book on the page, you have "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" and "Tags Customers Associate With This Product."  These are extremely useful.  You also have reviews, which generally give you a pretty good idea of whether or not you will like a book, if you know what to look for when you read them. 

Some people say that they do not want to just trust other readers when they are looking for new books that they might like.  But it really is the best way to find something new to read.  If you and another person both love the same book, chances are that there will be other books you will both love.  Also, I prefer reading the reviews of people who have actually read the book than having something like Whichbook or What Should I Read Next connect some dots and give you books that might be similar to the book you liked, but it also may be missing a key element.  You might like vampire books, but hate a specific series because it just isn't the same in terms of writing, myth, etc.

When I'm searching for new books to read, I usually go straight to Amazon.  And most of the time, I find a plethora of new reading material to keep me busy for quite some time.  Gotta love Amazon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment