Sunday, September 11, 2011

My husband and I are renewing our vows in October and I have been trying to make planning the event as easy as possible.  But no matter how hard I might try, not everything is in my control.  For example, I can send self-addressed self-stamped envelopes for the RSVP's, but I cannot make people send them out.  Granted, I made the RSVP date one week before I needed the actual numbers, so I knew the RSVP's would be a problem.  Let's face it, they always are.  Going into this weekend (the RSVP date was Friday), I have still not gotten RSVP's from upwards of 40 people.  Herein lies the problem.  Even though I have heard from some of these people, saying that they are coming, I have not gotten their RSVP.  Obviously, I have issues with being a bit of a control freak and I don't like not having a physical RSVP.  To me, the RSVP says to me that they have taken the time to mark the event on a calendar and will not forget about it.  The people who simply tell me they are coming are those I worry will forget.

I'm so excited for the renewal and I wish I could just fast forward past all the planning.  Doesn't planning just drive you nuts sometimes?!?!  I love planning and organization, but I feel like since it is an event that I am planning for myself, I am far too involved to be doing all the planning without going nuts.  Hopefully, I will get all the RSVP's and the event will go off without a hitch.  Let's face it, what are the odds of that happening.  However, whether or not things go wrong, I know that on that day, I will not care in the least.  Because I am celebrating my life with my wonderful husband and our lovely new family.  The event doesn't need to be perfect, as long as we're all there.

No comments:

Post a Comment