Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Video Games

Today, I want to bring up the topic of playing video games.  I never used to play any video games, except the occasional game of SSX Tricky on the Playstation in my parent's basement.  I just loved the snowboarding.  But when I met my husband, everything changed.

Of course, I thought Plants vs. Zombies was such a stupid, pointless game.  But what happened?  Mike got me to try it and then I was hooked.  How about Left 4 Dead?  I thought that I would never be able to play a game like that.  I'd never been into shooting games and I figured running into a crowd of zombies might freak me out.  It was creepy just watching Mike play that game.

But....one day, he got me to try it.  And yes, I was horrible.  I didn't play for a while after that, but then Mike decided to buy the game for me.  Of course I had to give it another try then.  And the more I played, the better I got.  And the more I enjoyed it.  So we were able to play a video game together and we both had a great time.

We stopped playing the game together for a while when our daughter Kaylee was born.  Mike would occasionally ask me to play, but I was exhausted and never felt like playing.  But Kaylee is 6 months now and lately we have been playing Left 4 Dead 2 after I put her to bed.  I am really glad that we started again because now I remember how much fun we used to have.

When you marry a gamer, this is something to keep in mind.  Playing video games with your significant other is a good idea.  It allows you both to have some fun and it does not have to be extremely time-consuming if you don't want it to be.  It also shows your husband/wife that you are interested in what they enjoy doing.  I love playing Left 4 Dead with my husband.  And according to him, that makes me a pretty awesome wife.  And I like being awesome. 

3 comments:

  1. That does make an awesome wife. You guys should give a "Left 4 Dead 2" a shot...gotta love those weeping witches...creepy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband already corrected me on that. I'll have to edit the post. We actually play Left 4 Dead 2 right now. Our game last night had witches everywhere. It was insane! We play on Steam. Do you have a Steam account? If you do, we should all play sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hard rain always has a lot of witches but this time there were more than normal for that one - about 15!

    ReplyDelete