Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fountain of Pee

People always tell you that when you have a baby boy, you have to worry about them peeing on you.  "Be careful when you change that diaper!  Make sure you keep something over that thing or else you'll be sorry!"  What they don't tell you is that some baby girls have the ability to pee like boys!

Last night, Kaylee peed on me yet again.  This is the second time it has happened.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  Somehow, she has the absolute best (or worst, depending on how you look at it) timing. 

When we get her ready for her bath at night, she is only naked for a few seconds before she gets in the bath.  I feel like she must love the feeling of the air on her privates and it makes her feel like that would be a great time to pee.

I got her out of her clothes and her diaper while she was laying down, then I pulled her up to a standing position, ready to sit her in the bath in just a second.  She chose that moment to start letting go of her fountain of pee.  It sprayed all over her bath towel, all over the floor, quite a bit got on my pajama pants, and some even found it's way onto my slippers.  And it made its way onto all of these things even though Grandma tried her best to block the fountain with her hand.

But no, Kaylee would not be thwarted.  Somehow, the spray made its way all over the place.  And of course, Kaylee smiled and laughed the entire time, as though she knew exactly what she was doing.

She is adorable, but it does drive me nuts when she chooses moments like this to spray pee all over the place.  Luckily, I have a sense of humor.  I laughed when it happened and I am laughing thinking about it now.  If you can't laugh about these things, parenthood would be quite difficult and miserable.

Children are wonderful and amazing.  And yes, sometimes they drive you nuts.  But I wouldn't have it any other way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment