Monday, October 3, 2011

Vow Renewal: Part 1

My husband and I renewed our vows on Saturday and had a huge reception to celebrate with our friends and family.  It was absolutely amazing and I'm so glad that we decided to do it.  The ceremony was quick, simple, but beautiful.

We did our own vows this time and I'm so glad.  It was nerve-wracking standing in front of about 170 people thinking that I would totally blank and forget what I was going to say.  But the second I opened my mouth, the words just started flowing and even though it was not what I had planned to say, it was perfect.  My husband said that when he started talking, the same thing happened.  What he ended up saying sounded so true and so right that he was happy about the fact that everything changed at the last minute.

Our DJ, Brian McCarthy from AllStar Entertainment, was phenomenal.  He really got the crowd going and his dance moves were both hilarious and awesome.  Everyone loved him and thought that he truly is an entertainer, not just a DJ.  We highly recommend him if anyone is looking for an amazing DJ for any kind of event that requires entertainment.

The night was also wonderful because we got to introduce our 6 month old daughter Kaylee to everyone important to us who had not met her yet.  It's hard to keep in touch with everyone all the time.  And as a result, so many people had not yet met her.  Everyone was so excited to see her and she looked so adorable in her cute little white dress from her Auntie Julie.  Kaylee did amazing throughout the night.  We can't believe how happy she was and how well she did with all the loud music and being surrounded by so many people.  She even let a bunch of people hold her even though she didn't know them, which is huge since she has been having some separation anxiety issues lately.

Speaking of Kaylee, she is now crying.  So I will make this part 1 of the vow renewal post and continue this later.

1 comment: